Kagoshima Museum of Environment
At the Kagoshima Museum of Environment, you can learn about the environment as well as current environmental issues through numerous exhibitions. It is also a base in conducting activities surrounding environmental conservation. For all citizens and enterprises to gain knowledge of the environment and to induce environmental conservation activities, the museum provides many opportunities to participate in these activities.
9:30 am to 9:00 pm (closes at 6 pm on Sundays and holidays)
Monday (if Monday falls on a holiday, the weekday after)
December 29th to January 3rd
Free (some events may require a charge)
Parking Lot / Parking Fees
Parking space for 43 cars and 4 buses / Parking is free
Access Using Public Transportation
From Kagoshima Airport
- 20 minute walk from “Kagoshima Chuo Station” shuttle bus stop
- 25 minutes by taxi from “Marine Port Kagoshima”
- From Tenmonkan Area: 5 minute walk from “Shinshoin” bus stop on Route 1, 5, 8 and 24
- From Kagoshima Chuo Station (east 7 bus stop): 5 minute walk from “Shinshoin” bus stop on Route 1, 5 and 20
By City Tram
- 20 minute walk from “Takamibashi” or “Kajiya-cho” tram stop on route 2
Kagoshima City Community Bicycle, “Kagorin” parking space available
* 200 yen per 30 minutes by paying with credit card
For more information, please refer to the “Kagorin” website(external website)
About the Museum
Kagoshima Museum of Environment opened in 2008 and renewed its exhibits in 2020. For visitors to raise awareness, acquire knowledge and to promote actions on the environment, we have prepared numerous fun exhibitions.
Exhibition commentaries can be enjoyed using our exhibition guide app “Pocket Curator”.